Maker Space is now open to the public
The health and safety of members, tenants and employees is our number one priority for the reopening of the Maker Space. We have been working hard to get ready to reopen and welcome you back. Our staff members conduct regular and thorough cleaning of all the equipment, surfaces and areas of the Maker Space. Although we cannot eliminate all risks associated with COVID-19, we’ve taken several additional steps to strengthen our existing cleanliness policies and procedures to help keep you and our staff members safe when we reopen.
Below are some of the changes you can expect from us when you return:
- Current hours of operations are Monday-Friday from 10 AM- 5 PM.
- Facial Coverings will be required by all individuals in common areas and when working in areas with others.
- Each member MUST review the Otterbein Visitor Self-Screening Assessment in Smart Waiver. Your entry onto campus is your certification that you completed Otterbein’s Self-Screening Assessment, this includes temperature checking prior to arrival.
- The check-in iPad has been mounted to the wall next to the Maker Space office. There will be hand sanitizer available that all members MUST use before signing in and out.
- If you are a current member and would like to use the Maker Space, please call 614-823-2932 or email email@example.com to schedule a time so there are not more than 6 people in a room.
- Trainings, tours and other uses of the facility will temporarily be modified to solely focus on individuals’ requirements. You can schedule tours and training by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (614) 823-2940
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant on the EPA list of effective cleaners. Members NEED to clean and sanitize equipment after use with the available supplies in each room.
- Hand sanitizer is available in common areas throughout The Point for member use.
- Some computers or other equipment will be temporarily marked “DO NOT USE” to enable social distancing, please do not move equipment or furniture without speaking to a staff member.
- All staff members have completed extensive training related to our enhanced cleanliness and sanitation policies and procedures.
Check otterbeinpoint.com for any updates. Please stay home if you are not feeling well.